San Diego SUP Lessons
Never paddleboarded before? We can help get you on the water. Our one-hour San Diego SUP Lessons are $55.00. Learn how to Stand Up Paddle Board from the best in the business. Our Proven paddleboard lesson covers all the basics in Stand Up Paddling and will have you paddling in no time.
No experience necessary! Our knowledgeable instructors will have you on the water, paddling with proper form and maneuvering all in one lesson. No matter what your level of experience or fitness is, our guides will have you comfortable on the board and paddling by the end of your hour lesson.
- All the basic components in Stand Up Paddle Boarding, We spend about 10 minutes on the beach prior to getting in the water. Our goal is to get you up to speed in 1 lesson where you will be a confident safe paddler.
- We stay with you the entire time, on the beach and in the water, we are there to help you apply what you just learned and answer any questions you have.
- You will learn the proper stroke technique to help maximize your efficiency, the 3 phases of each stroke
- 4 different ways to turn a paddle board and when to use each one.
- standing and balancing tips, how to handle choppy water, wind and boat wakes
- Properly fit yourself for a board
- How to properly fit grip and paddle
- Properly lift and carry a board
- Understand necessary safety considerations
- How and where to stand on the board
- Basic strokes and turns
- Simple self recovery
During your lesson, our goal is for you to be confident paddling and able to enjoy the sights in San Diego Bay. Call or email us a minimum of 24 hours in advance to schedule your private or group lesson or tour (up to 25 participants).
We have designed our lesson to help get you up and more comfortable on a board, and fast. Students will learn the basics of stance, paddle strokes, recovery and safety. Practice the skills and see the sights of our local water trails. Minimum age of 13.